9919 Shine online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just an idea to enlarge the community e.o

+5
[GM]Baharia
Viral
Hidden
chewy
~iPoke~
9 posters

Go down

Just an idea to enlarge the community e.o Empty Just an idea to enlarge the community e.o

Post  ~iPoke~ Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 pm

The whole Isya is a semi ghost town.
I suggest that we remove the "Refer" thing so that players can play.
I know that it might cause another wipe, rollback, Ddos, bugs or whatever but how can the community expand if we don't remove the referring thing?

-Ask you friends to play? ( My irl friends are working and have their own life and doesn't have time for OL games ... Not that I have a work and life... I just have time. )

-Ask 99shine players to play? ( They're playing 99 shine because of the epic high rates )

-Ask player that quit 99shine? ( They don't like wipes that's why they quit o.x )

-Ask the old players to come back? ( Again, wipe )

-Make a banner of 9919 ? ( Referral.. duh. dunno why this thing slipped inside my head )

- Remove the referral and let people play 9919 freely ? ( Might just work, Look at OS and Gamigo.. not that I'm comparing e.e .. Fine it's comparing T-T )

Soo.... There o.x..

My idea. No Flaming please :< ( I didn't flame )
post your non-flaming , non-hurting opinions Very Happy

~iPoke~

Back to top Go down

Just an idea to enlarge the community e.o Empty Re: Just an idea to enlarge the community e.o

Post  chewy Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:54 pm

i totally agree with ya

chewy

Back to top Go down

Just an idea to enlarge the community e.o Empty Re: Just an idea to enlarge the community e.o

Post  Hidden Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:26 am

I agree. xD
Hidden
Hidden

Back to top Go down

Post  Viral Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:22 pm

I wouldn't want to open up the server for everyone to just sign up and play. While I want the server to grow, I don't want constant wipes and hacks ruining the server again. A lot of the old 19Shine players quit because of the instability of the server and all the wipes. Lack of content didn't help either.
Viral
Viral

Back to top Go down

Post  ~iPoke~ Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:22 am

Viral wrote:I wouldn't want to open up the server for everyone to just sign up and play. While I want the server to grow, I don't want constant wipes and hacks ruining the server again. A lot of the old 19Shine players quit because of the instability of the server and all the wipes. Lack of content didn't help either.

Constant wipes would never happen if they just improve the security of this game. Idc if they make this game 99.09% Uptime or 90% , As long as they don't Wipe.
And I agree with you Viral that lack of Content also didn't help.

~iPoke~

Back to top Go down

Post  Viral Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:46 am

~iPoke~ wrote:Constant wipes would never happen if they just improve the security of this game. Idc if they make this game 99.09% Uptime or 90% , As long as they don't Wipe.
And I agree with you Viral that lack of Content also didn't help.

It's not really up to them whether or not the server stays up 90% of the time. Opening up the server to everyone would make it that much susceptible to hackers bringing it back down. I don't really mind how you have to refer someone to get an account, since that was how I had to get in, but from the looks of it not a lot of players either frequent the forums or know the people to get them an account.

I was thinking about setting up a thread with a list of players already on (with their permission) that they can PM to get a referral since the forums are getting spammed with new account threads.
Viral
Viral

Back to top Go down

Post  ~iPoke~ Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:08 am

O-Okay then. I agree with your statement e.e Very Happy ( I always do >> )

~iPoke~

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:35 am

=O !!

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM]Baharia Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:23 am

If you want guys, me I don't mind.
The referral thing is here for a reason, to avoid hackers, and morons who jsut sign to crash the server. If we allow anyone to register, it's pretty much open doors for all those who wanna crash the server and the referral is the only way for us to keep it safe, and so server stable.

If you want to make a list, sure, I will make a topic, and you guys can post if you want to be in the list.
[GM]Baharia
[GM]Baharia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hanzohotori Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:09 pm

i feel this thread right here. Im one of the few who don't even know anybody from shine online. My purpose for coming here is to be sucessfull in fiesta like i WASNT in the outspark fiesta server. If any gm still using reference, please contact me hanzo_hotori@hotmail.com if ya w ant

hanzohotori

Back to top Go down

Post  hanzohotori Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:21 pm

ok im deeply sorry for a second posting spam...but this contributes to the thread.

Why not get unregistered members to do a survey instead? Not multiple choice questions but long answer questions o-o...

hanzohotori

Back to top Go down

Post  chewy Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Find some 1 to do this work maybe:

Take ppl PM... n ask why do they want to play the server... If it is a old player, why is he coming back... Why did he leave...

Tell them that u can do a monitoring of their accounts n anything rare will have consecuences...

But the one that will take this work must do this n nothing more in the server... so he can be %100 usefull...

chewy

Back to top Go down

Post  Viral Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:03 am

chewy wrote:Find some 1 to do this work maybe:

Take ppl PM... n ask why do they want to play the server... If it is a old player, why is he coming back... Why did he leave...

Tell them that u can do a monitoring of their accounts n anything rare will have consecuences...

But the one that will take this work must do this n nothing more in the server... so he can be %100 usefull...

Or you can just let the old players do the referring to reduce spam to a GM and CSR's pm. We only have 1 GM and CSR atm and they are usually busy. Hiring someone just to do referrals would be a waste and would take longer for new players to get an account. And all accounts (I believe) are monitored anyways for any suspicious behavior/mods.
Viral
Viral

Back to top Go down

Post  xmionx Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:51 am

i like the server community being small as it is

xmionx

Back to top Go down

Post  hanzohotori Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:14 am

well...even though some people like it small, its not a majority of the community (which is small itself). The more people, the more fun it is

hanzohotori

Back to top Go down

Post  Azura Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:33 am

I would like to join this server but I do not know anyone who could sign up ...

Azura

Back to top Go down

Post  Arya Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Azura wrote:I would like to join this server but I do not know anyone who could sign up ...

I can refer you, PM me. There will be a few interview questions, but.. *shrugs* If you want to play, I'm here. Or you could PM the other people on the referral list. They may not have questions.
Arya
Arya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down